In 1904 the Royal Bavarian Academy of Agriculture and Brewing in Weihenstephan’s Professor Theodor Ganzenmüller forms the 'Office for Brewery- and Malthouse-construction' which becomes the vanguard of progression for this quite specific typology. At the beginning of the 1950s it’s this office that develops an integrated overall planning for the brewery complex that has until then grown little by little. The “Bauhaus-style” alteration intends two towers of which only one is realized in the end. The transformation of the complex stops more or less at the half of the structure, when the heir to the brewery freshly arrived from his studies at Weihenstephan realises that the plans overreach the capacities of the brewery.
Archiv Familie Zirngibl